In order to purchase a home most lenders require a 620 credit score, if you’re one of those who are just not quite there and need a boost in your credit score here are some easy tips.
- Reduce your debts
- Keep credit cards lower than 30% of the credit limit.
- Do not open new credit lines. (Unless you don’t have any)
- If you’ve missed payments get current and make it a point to pay your bills on time.
- Get a free yearly copy of your credit report so you know exactly what’s on there. You can visit any of the 3 credit bureaus to receive your copy.
- Give it time!!!! This is the most important one of them all. The only way to best improve credit scores is to give it time and stay responsible.